1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new echo trimmer sudjestions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike lane lawn care, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, so i have finaly come to terms with realizing that my echo gt-200r curved shaft trimmer can no longer handle the load i need it tgoo, plus it just dam uncomfortable. i was gooking at a an echo SRM-230 straight shaft trimmer. but i was looking at the promotion my dealerhas, if i use my yard card, i'll get 6 months no interest/no financing, i was thinking of getting a PAS-260 with the trimmer and power broom attachment, and just pay it off in a month or two. any comments on either of them, or uses for the power broom?

thanks

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Go get a echo 251. Plenty of power, not bad on fuel and full retail is only $219, if your in good with the dealer then it might be less.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

210 230 260, you cant really go wrong. I prefer the 210 over my 260, doesnt get as hot, lighter, more fuel efficient and has enough power to do everything except mow a field.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

If you are set on the split boom the 260 should be a great additon. I went for the 261T and I am very happy with it. As long as you are disciplined with your money/credit and can pay for it in the next month or so I say go for it. Borrow someone elses money with no charge.

5. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have the power broom its great for pulling or pushing rocks back in to the drive after winter snow plowing on gravel lots or drives. The echo split boom is a real work horse i have two and they have made me thousands of dollars. I my opinion you can't go wrong with one good luck.:waving:

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I run 210"s a 260 and a 261T. That being said, the 210's are used the most. The 261T gets used in thick bermeda grass where I don't want to chance the engine bogging down. The 260 runs a trimming head with .135 line in it for cutting down thick under growth. I also use it to power my edger and extended reach hedge clippers. For an all around unit to multi task with, I'd say go with the 260.

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The 260 is the same weight as the 230 with way more power. Best overall trimmer out there I think. I run mine with an Edgit on it.

8. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

PAS-260.......run two of them now (one is 3 years old and going strong) and will get a third soon. Love the interchagable attachments.

9. mebergstran

mebergstran LawnSite Member

the interchangable attachments always make me nervous. have you guys had any reliability issues with them? if not, is cost the only downside? thanks!

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a SRM-230U, worked great for me last year, no troubles, used it only for brushcutting.