New Echo Trimmers!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Stopped by the local Scag dealer today and they had just recieved over 200 new echo's. The new models are a 265 & a 280. The 280 is suppose to replace the 311 and the 265 looked like a 251E only organge. Both of these units are suppose to have a new carb updated. Retail on the 265 was $299 and the 280 was $399. I think I know what the wife will be getting me for Christmas:)

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we use only echo and have for 20 plus years and my dad went to the expo and said they revamped their lineup and it all is supposed to be better, they always think everything is better . not always, but5 you hope

3. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

I love echo blowers and trimmers.
    When I go to Echo's website it doesn't list any new trimmers???
    Lets see some pictures/specs

4. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

i love em too... i still have one i bought from Homecrapo that still runs fine.. (5+yrs old)

5. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Do these new trimmers still have the same style handle everybody likes? From the pictures I've seen they are using a D style handle.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

iquit buying echo years ago. shindawia is the best there is so why use substandaed equiptment?

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Echo has cheapend up their whole line with that new orange power head. FYI, those engines only use one ring on the piston. How long do you think that will last? Echo is after the homeowner market now. They really have little interest in the commercial guys, as most of their sales are now generated at Home Depot.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You know they fit Stihl trimmers right?
    Cost 20 bucks each but I don't have a Stihl trimmer without an Echo handle, worth every penny.

Yes sir:

[​IMG]

wow that's my old truck lol

9. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

C'mon guys. Echo has the best 5-year warranty on the market. Ask any homeowner.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed the 280 down at the expo. It was a nice running unit, good power but a bit on the heavy side. I think the Shindaiwa 261 or Redmax 2600 is as big as I need though. I think that new Rcho is built mainly for brush clearing applications or municipal work rather then week to week lawn edging.