new echo weedeater head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mickman, Apr 18, 2003.

1. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

I just purchased new echo universal trimmer head to try on one of my stihl's. looks like it will work well, comes with precut trimmer line [.155" ] just pop 4 pre cut line in each slot. The county bought a couple, and loved them so much, they converted all trimmers. it will take smaller line, but I'll try the bigger line.
    has anyone tried them. a little pricey, but maybe worth it.

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I tried the two string model, it now resides in a milk crate with other unwise purchases.. I found it to be extremely wastey of trimmer line speak not of the time it takes to make a pack of precut 155 line.. The larger line does not work as well as .095 when trimming grass it is better suited for weeds and heavier cutting duties (probably why the county likes them for road work). I will stick with the manual or original bump heads.
    BobR

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That has got to cost a lot more buying precut line then the spools of line we all use. Please let us know how much a package of precut line costs.

Gravely_Man

4. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

bump head is the only way to go, return that thing as fast as possible. frustration will be the only thing you get out of that. productivity = money.

5. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

I cant reply fast enough to this one.

I bought the "precut line" head last year and threw it away after a week. It wouldnt have even taken that long but i just wnated to give it a fair chance. What an incredible waste of trimmer line not to mention the time to trade out lines. Drop it as fast as u can and get the bump head.

6. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

I'm glad I asked, thats why I didn't open it yet. I was skeptical anyway. I'll stick to my bump & go heads. I didn't think it would be that great doing regular trimming, but it probably does good in heavy brush. Thanks for input!

7. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Tanaka has a head for their string trimmers they call the "Brain". Its suppose to release line as you need it. Anyone use one?