New Edger or Edgit? Need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnbridge, Mar 11, 2008.

1. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

I currently have a push walk behind gas edger used once per year on accounts and use my Stihl FS90 R trimmer the rest of the season. This is killing my wrists the way I have to hold my trimmer to cut the edge. Thinking of getting an edger, but now I have seen website on Edgit. On the Edgit can you still trim with it or does it make your trimmer into an edger only? Which would you guys suggest?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You can use it like a normal trimmer ! Buy will love it
  3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Dont you have to hold the trimmer the same way with the edgit as you would normally edging with a string trimmer
  4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I cannot speak for the edgit but as far as a stick edger goes, I cannot imagine being without one.

I started my business with a combo unit: the JD XT140SBLE as my only edger and it was fine but a little under powered and a pure pain in the can when it came to trimming hedges and pruning branches because you are always swapping pieces out.

If you can afford to buy an edger, I would highly recommend it! My experience is limited to Shindaiwa, Husqvarna, John Deere, and Stihl 2 cycle (older stuff) and each is as good as the other. Personally I will buy Shindaiwa because I like them the best but I cannot say anything bad about the others.

Good Luck and happy buying!
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Amen,...and KEEP your push edger as well, as you shouldn't be without one of those.
  6. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

Thanks for your info. I think, dang... I still don't know what I want to do.
  7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I have a w/b edger.. i love that thing. you can practically run down the sidewalk with it leaves a nice edge and you dont have to hold a trimmer up the entire time... cant imagine a stick edger on larger props...
  8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Love my walk behind Edger...Nice and fast
  9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

There are those who think a trimmer can edge and those who know that they cant. If you want a truly edged lawn, buy a handheld edger and use it every time you mow. You may get more customers and its easier than screwing around with your trimmer.
  10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Since you have a walkbehind edger....I say yes to the edgit and you can still string trim with it.