New Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeylikesit5805, Jun 3, 2008.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

Hi All,

Im looking at buying a edger. Ive always done it with a shovel then keep it up with the trimmer, but i think its time to upgrade. These are what im looking at:

Stihl FS75 $359 25.4cc
    Stihl Fs90 $359 28.3cc
    EchoPe260 $339. 25.4cc

Out of these which one would you recommend, the echo seems like the way to go. Im not trying to make an echo/stihl war. Thanks Guys.

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are good brands and both will serve you well. And Echo/Stihl war? Not with me, I own both brands and think theyre both great. Only wars that may be started are with yungman with the stihl 4 mixes. He seems to have a problem with them.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

get the bigger stihl

4. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

i found a fc110 on craigslist for 350.00 pretty much new, so im going to call the guy on that. Any body know anything about that?
    Thanks!

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

It's a powerhouse of an edger! If you don't need the power of the FC110, but still want a straight shaft take a look at the FC95.

If the guy with the 110 is close try it out before you buy it, if it's too beat up put the money into a new machine.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend none of these. It has been discussed many of times on here before, and the deduction always comes out the fact that if you are going to have any ONE edger, it should be a wheeled edger. Even if you get a stick edger later on, you should still have a wheeled edger. It will edge alot more - alot easier.

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

what are the advantages of a wheeled edger? all i can see are the cons, takes up more trailer floor space. must be strategically located for access, and must be adjusted constantly for different accounts. i buy tools that i dont mind using, tools that make the job easier, if it gets to be a pain to edge b/c of what i just mentioned im more likely to do it w/ the trimmer and not get as good of a job.

8. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i havent used an edger in 15 years.always use a weedeater.cuts expense for equipment and you can learn how to do it real quick.i would match my lawns with any in the country.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Why not redmax? They have some good egders.

10. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i haven't seen anything from him in a couple of weeks.......maybe i just missed him.........LOL