New employee quotes, week 1

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gene $immons, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

"hey boss, can I borrow $400.00"? (asked day 2 of employment)

"hey boss, are you going to party tonight"

" i have to pace myself, i got stabbed in the lung 6 years ago"

"I'm mad because my girlfriend pawned my playstation"

"can you pick me up and drop me off every day?"

"do i get paid thru lunch"?

Guy is 23 with two kids. a real winner i got this time.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

unbelievable!

I would tell him, "Sorry I can't give you $400 because I went to a party last night and got stabbed because some guys girlfriend wouldn't sell his playstation to me because I wouldn't give her a job with paid lunch because I thought that I was already providing enough payment by picking up and dropping her off everyday for work."

3. rawx2

rawx2 LawnSite Member

LMAO! :laugh:

4. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

that sucks...sounds like the kind of guy that wont show up some days because he is "sick" I would already be out looking for more help.

5. JSymons

JSymons LawnSite Member

Sounds like quite a role model for those two kids. Good luck to them, they will need it!

Also I am a little short this week, can you help me out with a loan? :p

6. rawx2

rawx2 LawnSite Member

I've been shot twice, once in each forearm, when I was younger (15), but it doesn't affect my endurance obviously. When I was working for this one guy I was 21 with a 2 year old, and had to ask to borrow $.35 one time to make a phone call, I paid him back about an five minutes later, but still. I can kind of relate to the guy you're talking about, lol.

Tell him you'll dock his pay x2 for everytime he talks about his girlfriend.

It's only a matter of time until he tells you "I can't work today unless you can post bail for me."

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Geez...all those quotes were from the same guy? Guess he's telling you not to expect much from him.

Had a guy once who called in sick with tuberculosis. Next day he was "cured". If I'm not mistaken, that disease is fatal. Told him he should call one of those "Medical Mysteries" shows to be featured...

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

" I need $17 per hour because I have a lot of bills from my DWI , and I am still waiting on my workmans comp claim from my old boss "

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

RED FLAG!!!!!

10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

We all should learn to play the "I need to dop something off at the shop that I dont need anymore" game. It goes like this, Worker is a giant PITA for serveral days or weeks and you want to fire em . You simply get tired of his or her crap, tell them to get in the truck to help you "dop something off at the shop that you dont need anymore" and take their butts to the shop and drop them off with their last pay check and tell them "YOU ARE WHAT I DONT NEED ANYMORE" and leave! Ive done this a few times and it has always produced the most shocked look on a persons face you have ever scene ........and its kind of funny too :rolleyes: