1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New employee "terms of employment"

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gene $immons, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have something that they make a new employee sign when hired, like a probation agreement or company rules policy. This way, if they break any of the rules, or you don't like them, they can't argue about being fired?

If so, can you share your policy?

2. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I think Team Gopher has some decent templates on employee handbooks. By and large though I would say most people are not going to show their company handbooks too readily as it is kind of a confidential document.

Perhaps thats just me though.

I use a basic outline talking about showing up at work on time, wearing clean uniforms that i provide, how overtime works...vacation time etc etc etc.

On the last page, I have them sign an aknowledgement section for the employment guidlines...

I also get all of their personal information in it as well...Then I put the whole thign in their file and its all there when i need it.

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Employee Acknowledgement Of Probation:

I understand that I am on probation as an employee for the first ninety (90) days of my employment, which started on ________________ , for the purposes of the Florida Unemployment Compensation Law.
    I understand that if my employer (Fantasy Lawns Inc.) discharges me for unsatisfactory work performance under the Florida Unemployment Compensation Law, Ch. 443.131(3)(a)(2) ES., they will not have their account charged for any unemployment benefits I might be determined eligible for in the future.
    I acknowledge that I signed this form within seven (7) days of my employment.

I have received a copy of this: Yes ____ No ____
    This employee handbook contains a general outline of Fantasy Lawns Inc.’s policies and procedures and its contents do not give rise to any enforceable contractual rights relating to continuing employment or receipt of benefits between Fantasy Lawns Inc. and its employees. Employment at Fantasy Lawns Inc. does not mean you are guaranteed a job for a specific period of time or until you retire. Likewise, you do not commit yourself to Fantasy Lawns Inc. for any specific length of time. You and Fantasy Lawns Inc. reserve the right to discontinue your employment with the Company at any time, for any reason, and without notice or cause. This flexibility lets you adapt to changing personal circumstances or other employment opportunities, and it allows the Company to effectively administer its human resource policies.

Employee Full Name:

____________________________ Signed on this Date: __________

Social Security Number: ________________________
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have a 15 page employee handbook that they must read and sign. They can not start working until that is signed
  5. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I like it! Mine is about five this year. I kind of wanted to slim it down so it didnt sound so much like a will and testament..lol

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Care to post it in an attachment so I can look over it. ?
  7. tiedeman

from earth

I know exactly what you mean. The employees look at me at first like I am joking around, but then they see the look in my eyes and can tell that I am serious. Like I have said before, "I am not going to have some fly by night employee ruin my business that take me years to build up on one day. Over my dead body."
  8. tiedeman

from earth

not a problem. Let me look around and see if I can find it. THe last time that i used it was last June because that was the last time that someone was hired on