1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new employee

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 18, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i need to post a picture of this guy. first of all, he smokes like a damn chimney. he has a huge stomach. and he sweats alot. he sits next to me in the truck, and my right side, from the shoulder of my shirt to the bottoms of my pants are soaked, from his sweat. he cuts the grass with a walk behind. each one of our stops is like 8-10 minutes. he puts the mower back up, guzzles a 20 oz bottle of water, lights a marlboro, grunts and gets back in the truck huffing and puffing. then after 6 bottles of water, he needs to pee in the bushes, or stop somewhere. if he uses the backpack, then you use it, it's soaked with sweat. oh, and spitting, he always spits. not just a little, it's one of those where you suck everything down from your sinuses, and cough everything up from your throat, and let it fly. nasty. i'll post picturs some day

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think I used to work with that guy... must have moved to Jersey...when he wrings his shirt out, is there a steady stream of sweat cascading to the ground?

Looking forward to some pictures.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

bob--if he huffs rock and quaffs 4-0's you two could be BRO's.

4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

this guy will never last. post an update once he quits
  5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, why in God's name did you hire him?
  6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Yea thats disgusting and when I worked for someone else that often happened to me. When I started on my own I invested in something they call Quad Cab all my pickups are 4 door and I never have some greasy SOB pressed up against me again they sit in the back.
  7. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

I run an all female crew. Let them sweat