1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New enclosed trailer - prep

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by precision8m, Mar 25, 2013.

1. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

So I just got my new 8.5 x 20 enclosed and I know people have mentioned that you should put down some sort of sealant but I can't find the thread that mentioned it specifically. Can anyone recommend one? I'm also game for any other suggestions with an enclosed.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. precision8m

I should clarify that the sealant was for the floor.
  3. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Once I get my enclosed I'm going to put down a bed liner type stuff so you could essentlay hose it out I'd do the floor ramp and up the walls 1-2 feet
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure you do it as soon as you get the trailer. I said I was going to do mine, and 2 years later, have yet to do it, and all the oil stains would make it impossible.
  5. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my 8.5x20 used floor had stains all over it. i went to lowes bought a deck cleaner i pressure washed the trailer from roof to floor and everything in between as i went i used a deck brush and cleaner and scrubbed everything down. let it dry out for a few days then i primed the roof & walls and 2 coats paint. then i put a coat of floor coating down on the floor and 12 inches up on the sides (i put a kick plate all the way around with 3/4" plywood to prevent damage to the walls) next second coat on the floor this time as i went i would do a small section then sprinkle sand on it then re-roll the area and worked my way out. the sand provided a non-slip texture to it. I am extremely happy with how it turned out here is what i used.

Primer- white - http://www.coronadopaint.com/viewProd.asp?prodID=3

Paint - beacon gray - http://www.coronadopaint.com/viewProd.asp?prodID=28

Floor coating - battle ship gray - http://www.coronadopaint.com/viewProd.asp?prodID=43

i got the paint from my local dealer they sell benjamin moore paint to home owners and if a special request but the coronado is what the painters use unless a customer has a special request on brand i use the coronado for everything. good luck
  6. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Any pictures Jones68 of the inside of your trailer? Before and After Shots???
  7. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

No befores but ill try to get some afters in the next few days if I can figure out how to get them from my phone to lawnsite
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. precision8m

So the inside of the trailer is white? I was hoping for like a deck sealer or something. Pics would be nice.