1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Oakleaf landscape, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have never seen a trailer with the ceiling ribs covered, it really finishes it off nicely. Better get on the sealing or you never will, prepping takes longer every day you use it. If you don't get the prep right it wont last. I had mine done at the dealer before I picked it up so I was not tempted to use it before it was done. Great decision, the floor has held up great 3 years now and still looks good.

2. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Well I know what ill be doing this weekend...

3. twobuckss

twobuckss LawnSite Member

thanks MFNA...i ll take your word for it..i plan on using that as my groomer and i ll put my cub cadet out on the nice sandy/rocky boulevards! which leads to another question..here in the great white north sand is put down very heavily and frequently? what is the best approach to remove most of this clutter off the grass>>jst some good ol elbow grease and metal rake? any suggestions are greatly appreciated..thanks everyone..learning day by day!!

4. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

Not to bring up an old thread but.. I really like your trailer and how you have it setup. What size is the trailer? How do you like the wheel hubs inside? With the wheel hubs inside does that mean the trailer is wider?

Sorry for all the question, I'm thinking of getting an enclosed trailer.

Thanks Tony

5. Oakleaf landscape

Trailer is 8.5x20. The wheel hubs have to be on the inside because of how wide the trailer is. The only way to make them flush with the floor height would be to raise the trailer box 6-8inches. They do that on snow mobile trailers a lot. This is one of the widest trailers you can buy.

6. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

I wasn't sure if the wheel base was shorter. I probably rather go with the 8.5 wide as I have a 60 inch zturn. My concern is going to big. I'm afraid a 20' trailer may be to long to haul around. I do have one street that is a dead where I have a couple of accounts, so worried about turning around in such. I have an open trailer now that is 14' long with the width may be 6 or 7'.

Thanks

7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

8. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

2011 chevy 3500 HD gas dual wheels with a rugby dump bed.

I haven't seen any 8' wide trailers. I have seen 7 and 8.5

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  9. Oakleaf landscape

You won't have any problems pulling it. But your MPG's are gonna BLOW!!! With my current set up i get between 7-9 pulling the 8.5x20 with the Vortec 6.0. And that's in a 1500 level truck. Im guessing you will be getting more of the 6-7 with yours.

10. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

Yikes! I guess the scenic route is out. I was thinking about the vnose so maybe mpg wont be that bad. Although if you think about it how much gas can really be saved with a vnose.