New Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Oakleaf landscape, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think Haulmark offered my trailer in a V-nose. If they did I would have bought it. In theory it seems like it would help out a good amount but I don't know of any tests people have done to prove this theory.

2. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

How is the support of the floor holding up? I'm assuming your floor beems are 24" on center.

A buddy of mine just bought a 7*16 cargo king for his tent biz. The floor beems in his trailer are 16" on center. He says this is a must have, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not.

3. Oakleaf landscape

Mine are 16" on center. They are holding up fine. I haven't painted my floor yet and it doesn't look like it's going to get done. O well. **** happens.

4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Our trailer dealer said vnose does nothing to help mpg. I would think it would help a little but maybe not.

I'm pulling mine with a gasser now, just traded a cummins for a Hemi. The mpg pulling with the cummins was not very good, about 7.5-9.5 around town.

5. Oakleaf landscape

That HEMI is going to kill you. Good motor, just guzzles gas all the time. Towing 10k lbs or just cruising on the highway.

6. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set up! how many lawn accounts do you have?

7. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

I like the finishing in your trailer, ceiling and walls.
    I agree a V-nose would not make a noticeable difference, pulling weight is pulling weight.
    I pulled my 28' enclosed Pace cross country at 60-65mph and I was getting 6 mpg. My truck is a 03 2500 4x4 with hemi. The trailer was packed with household goods and furniture , so the cargo weighed around 14,000 + trailer weight.

8. newfrontier

newfrontier LawnSite Member

Hope you at least did jupiter Bowl while out there in "Park City" Lawns in the summer, out West skiing in the Winter

9. Pro-turf lawn

Pro-turf lawn LawnSite Member

How big is your work table at the front of the trailer