new engine for walker

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ACA L&L, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello all we have a 99 walker thta needs a new engine. the dealer quted us 2200.00 out the door in the box.. I am trying with no luck to locate a place where we could find a new engine at a lower price. Its a 20 hp kohler v twin. I am unable to get any numbers right now as im home and the mower is at the shop. If any one could send me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. thanks

2. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

5. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

Just make sure the engine you buy will work. Usually the companies listed above aren't very helpful.

6. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

you need to get all the numbers off of your current engine so you can match it up to the proper engine....there is more to it than horsepower and shaft size....

8. ACA L&L

thanks fellas. I cant seem to get all the numbers off the engine. smeared, gone whatever the case may be. at any rate ill give it a shot and let ya know how it goes.

9. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Small engine warehouse has engines up on ebay for less money than they have listed on their site.

10. ACA L&L

How would i get the engine i need if the numbers dont match? I know this probably isnt the best question but a little direction would be helpful as the the on e i have is going quickly. The numbers the walker dealer gave me for the rplacement were

pa 64554 if this would help any?