1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New engines?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Gruneich Lawn Care Inc., Apr 18, 2007.

1. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Is Hustler planning on putting any of the new "big block" 31 or 35hp or even the bigger kohler engines on there mowers this season? Im looking at getting another Hustler but would really like to see a couple bigger engine options on the Super Z's? Any help PJ?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our engineer's are always working on the latest and greatest with engines, testing... etc..etc...
    What and when they will release anything has yet to be seen...
    I will ask around and see if I can get information to share...

Pj

3. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Thanks that would be a huge help, im starting to look at another new mower, and im wanting some bigger engine options.

Thanks

4. Z-Man

Z-Man LawnSite Member

PJ,

Is Hustler phasing out the 27HP Kohler? This is what the dealer in Elkton, MD is saying. Any word on what new engines are in the pike?

z-man

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No.
    We offer it on the Hustler Z's and a few Super Z's still.
    There are a couple models (Super Z 66 and 72) where we replaced it with the 30hp Kohler, but we are not phasing out the 27.

Pj

6. td111

td111 LawnSite Member

I heard that Grasshopper is going to be offering a "Big Block" Briggs soon.

7. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Pj what did you find out on the future engine offerings? I'd really like a 72" deck with a larger efi engine option then the 28 due to what I have to cut (4.5 acres of brome on a two week cut cycle, plus a half acre of fescue on a weekly cutting cycle).

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Nothing unfortunately.....
    The engineers hide stuff from the salesmen when we come around....
    Sorry, I just don't have any new information at this time.

Pj

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well,....If the engineers/owners are reading this.....

We need more power. Especially in the SuperZ. Briggs Big Blocks would be nice. Would love for the engine manufacturers to make these new 30+hp engines FUEL INJECTED. Once you go EFI, you don't want to go back to carbs.

10. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I would be happy if the Kohler's were available on more levels. I have a Fastrack w/20 hp Kohler that justs keeps on going. I like the FT for trimming and won't replace it since Kohler has been dropped from that series. The "best" buys are on the OTHER engines. I like an American mower w/an American engine. The Kohler in my 1967 IH Cub Cadet is still going strong-what makes me think the kohlers in my Hustler's won't go at least 10 years.