New engines?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Gruneich Lawn Care Inc., Apr 18, 2007.

1. Jackson03

Jackson03 LawnSite Member

I don't know what fuel cost in your area but it is high here in Kentucky. Those big engines will drink you dry. Also check and see where Kawasaki's are made, here in America. The EFI is not what it is cracked up to be, you have to keep them dry.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You need different wheel motors, larger pipes and hoses, more GPM flow.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Kohler is still available in the FasTrak series.

4. nick858

nick858 LawnSite Member

I saw a Country Clipper Boss tonight with a 37hp Kawasaki and 72 inch deck. No keys in it though, so we couldnt fire it up.

5. Law Lawn MDL

Law Lawn MDL LawnSite Member

I have a super Z 60 with a 24 hp honda and a demo 26 hp kohler with a 54 super z, the honda will use 2.2354 gallons less a day then the honda in the same conditions, and I believe have more lugging power. that is a savings of $175.00 a day.....

6. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Yes but only 1 option-19 hp w/48". It justs seems that the OTHER engines are getting more options that the Kohlers. I have a 20/52". LOVE LOVE LOVE that mower- As I have said in other posts --there is no reason that mower is still going. It has went thru heck and back. It is what has sold me on Hustler's. My new Super Z 30/60" is everything I knew it would be but the FT earned it's spot.

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

26 Kohler on a 54"??, not to sure that is what you have.... you may be running a 27 Kohler on that demo unit???

8. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 Z's with the Honda. Great motors.