New England Fall Leaf pictures for you non-believers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roscioli, Nov 3, 2005.

1. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Here are just 2 pictures of my backyard assuming I can figure out how to post them. This is 4 days of leaves, used the BG on Sunday afternoon, this is Thursday morning. Mostly oak now, the maples fell already. The one piece of equipment I kept was the blower, thank God for those things.
  2. orangejbird

orangejbird LawnSite Member

It's the same in NW WI. We've got 4 acres of 60'+oaks and maples bordered by woods. With a NW wind we'll get a 4' leave drift below the house. I mow the grass and pickup leaves at the same time with my Cyclone Rake. Wet the pile and turn with tractor and loader. Starts cookin' into mulch immediately. First batch from 2 weekends ago is black already. Last weekends pile has a 101 temp about a foot in. My pile was about 20 feet across and 10 feet tall.
  3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

To most folks those would be a nuisance but orangjbird and myself make good use of our own leaves.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

most of these guys would clean those while mowing, , at no extra fee
  5. roscioli

I hear ya! Or maybe charge $6.75/hour huffin a rake
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

leaves are nothing -you should try dealing with pine straw
  7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I sympathize with you roscioli, up here we can get knee deep in leaves in under a week. Have you found they are behind this year?? Seems like 50% are still in the trees, we need a couple of real windy days!!!!
  8. roscioli

Hello- Yeah, they are definately behind this year. Down here that 2 weeks of rain really extended things, we were in one of the flooded areas, luckily no damage in my town, but all the towns around. The oaks are just starting to fall now, but will take a loooong time as usual.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

No offense meant BUT...

You New England guys would crap your pants in the NC mountains during leaf season
  10. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

hey envy, that was exactly what i was thinking. the way it is looking this year i believe that they are going to come down all at once.....