New England Grows

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sevenbarefootlawns, Feb 5, 2009.

1. sevenbarefootlawns

sevenbarefootlawns LawnSite Member

Has anyone gone or is anyone going to New England Grows in Boston? I'm going for the first time tomorrow and I don't know what to expect or who to try to see. Any advice?

2. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back from NE Grows. If it's your first time you'll love it. The Exposition opens at 8 am and is closes down at 2 pm. Lots and lots to look at. There's a few conference session as well. The big closer tomorrow is Roger Cook from "This Old House". He's leading a conference (from 2 - 3pm) called "Building Better Walls, Palks & Patios". Get there early for better parking. Enjoy!

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I went to the grows this year checked out the new turfco spreader pretty cool, Turfco Bob and I had a chat, he was very informative.

Years ago the show went Fri Sat Sun. Now it goes Wed 1/2 day, all day thur, then 1/2 day Fri. I am sure they get a cheaper rate during the week. But if you work a winter job its tough to take 3 days off. Plus it kind of sucks to drive in to Boston for a half day.

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I went to the grows this year checked out the new turfco spreader pretty cool, Turfco Bob and I had a chat, he was very informative.

Years ago the show went Fri Sat Sun. Now it goes Wed 1/2 day, all day thur, then 1/2 day Fri. I am sure they get a cheaper rate during the week. But if you work a winter job its tough to take 3 days off. Plus it kind of sucks to drive in to Boston for a half day.

5. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

special thanks 2 turfco Bob, he spent nearly 2 hours with me today at the grows show
    dissassembling and explaining everything about their new t3000 machine. i have a much better impression of this machine now that ive seen hands on and had it all explained to me, but i still need a test drive(not available at the grows show).

tad grubbs was there with his C+S equipment, the powerpod and turf tracker looked like some nice quality equipment, but the time machine looked real cheap and pieced together imo

Z-spray was their with some equipment

jdl was their with a PG

Sadly, no pathfinder or blackpearl
    good show though, i enjoyed it