New England Rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shuter, May 25, 2005.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

How many want to see the sun???????????? It has rained here 17 of the last 22 days. Forcast calls for more rain on and off for 5 more days. Someone do a sun dance.

2. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

If it's any consolation, we're riding it out together. It is brutal. Lets hope this pattern changes or we're in for a rotten season. I saw the results of someones deciding to mow in this crap, and it was line after line of brown muddy tire tracks. I don't think I could do that to my customers. May the dark days pass... and soon :sleeping:

hillndale

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

There isn't much of a choice, the mowing has to be done. Luckily the lawns are coming out fairly decent.

4. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I mowed all day today and I will be out there tomorrow. Iv been using double blades that are sharp. Then I raise the deck and cut it 2 more times. Then back pack the lawn. It looks OK after. But oh man this rain and bad weather is going on and on. I don't think iv seen the sun out past 5 o clock yet since day light savings time. Here it is May 25 and I have to warm my hands in the exhaust from the mower. Ill be 39 tomorrow, and I wonder if I'm to old for this crap, lol. naaa, theres worse jobs.

5. DizneyWorld

DizneyWorld LawnSite Member
    from ma

I had to wear gloves today because its too cold. This weather makes me depressed!

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im about 1 1/2 days behind hoping to get some cuts in tomorrow and working late both friday and saturday. Not cutting memorial day that my day to sit back an bbq

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Please forward rain this way.

8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I'm with ya. The wind made it feel like Christmas was a few days away!

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I've been working in the rain, when it's not too heavy. I even broke out the ole union suit yesterday. May 25, and it was cold .

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

You guys can send all the rain you want this way. We are "wicked dry" here!