New epuipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike payne, Feb 11, 2003.

1. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

What new equipment are going to purchase for your company this year? I need to buy a commerical spreader. Any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I hope to buy a echo 26cc split shaft w/ hedge clippers and chain saw attachment and anouther set of jungle wheels for my 36 merto. Im trying to take it easy for this year so I can buy a Z and a enclosed trailer for 2004.

3. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Backback blower , Hedge trimmer, and another line trimmer.
    Hopefully another walkbehind:)

4. mike payne

I bought alot of new equipment in 2002: ZTR,32"w.b.,21", backpack blower, gas hedge trimmer, chain saw, extra weed eater. This year I will take it easy on my lawn purchases, and build up my wife's photo business equipment. If I buy much more lawn equipment now, I will meet alot of resistance for the boss.

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

A new 36" walk behind - most likely Exmark. Also a commerical fertilizer spreader. In the spring I will also be buying a new snowblower for next winter. My Stihl backpack is 7 years old, but I am still hoping for one more year.

6. mike payne

What spreader is the best?

7. mike payne

What is on your dream list?

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for asking. The spreader is a commercial grade from Lesco. I buy my fertilizer products from Lesco.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I also use Lesco spreaders. if you do get one, spend the extra and get the stainless steel. Unless you feel like sanding & repainting every season.

As far as equipment, I just bought another maint. truck, so I will be purchasing an 8'x18' enclosed trailer and ALL the goodies to go in it.

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

If you are a pest control company then use the stainless Lesco. If not and you only fertilize 3-4 times per year buy painted and save your money.

Each and every day you finish your fertilizing, go back to your shop and hose off every inch of the spreader. Then take WD-40 and spray each and every inch. Do this and your spreader will last years.