1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New equipement pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S man, Jun 25, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

here I have my new toro commercial 21" that I paid cash out the door on. Also are my snapper and honda mowers and redmax trimmer and echo bp blower. More equipement on the way. What's a good stick edger and hand blower to get?

0E1424E0-F906-7816-658362F3ADCA23A7.jpg

0E0BF718-0B72-0F47-D8133C7BB431C4A9.jpg

0E153FA1-DBED-BC74-69E44928F7FC9F78.jpg

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

how do you like that honda? i love mine! my little echo hand blower is perfect for cleaning up after mowing $149 at home depot! stick edger, Stihl FC110! nice new mower, i like it!

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Your equipment is just fine. I have never owned a Toro 21", I hear they are expert mulchers. Your on your way!

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks. mcw, the echo is good but my dealer told me to go only with redmax for handheld blowers. The honda's rear axle is not working right though. It can't turn left and gets jammed. I'm really confused on this?????? Yes the Toro is a great mulcher and is built just like it's bigger brothers with the kawasaki engine and a two year commercial warranty. The thing that's bothering me is that is has a engine guard bar that is black and is slanted compared to the gold one that is sqaured on most of them. Is it just a change that is not important? The new hi vac toro has this bar on it.

5. mcwlandscaping

On your honda, do the wheels sometimes jam up when you are trying to pull the unit backwards as well? As for the redmax handhelds, i would'nt know as ive never used them, my redmax eb7001 is a beast though so i wouldn't at all hesitate to try the redmax handhelds as well

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the stihl fc110 edger which I have had for 2 years. Blower go with a Husqvarna the new one is super quite and blows the exhaust out the tube which is pretty neat!
    Good luck and have a great year!

7. mcwlandscaping

ive been waiting so long for a company to do that! it just makes sense to have the exhaust blown out the tube!

8. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go with the shindaiwa le261, I have the le 231 which works great unless you get a sidewalk that hasn't been edged in a year. The toro is a real nice mower I have used them before, they last a real long time. Keep an eye on the mounting bolts for the wheels and wheel arms, I had them come lose and fall of once and a while.

9. mcwlandscaping

how much did that new mower end up costing you?

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Them Toro mowers are great machines! I would look into redmax or shindaiwa for a edger and blower! The redmax hand blowers are light and put out a ton of air!!!