1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new equipement selection help...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by woodlawnservice, Jan 28, 2013.

1. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

Just ordered an Armada pro800. I have 3 jobs coming up I could use a locator on. Am I still a hack now, Mr Leary?

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Have you learned to use it? I wouldn't hinge "hack" status on knowing or not knowing how to locate; same goes for owning or not owning a locator.

Pro 800 is a great locator. Do yourself a favor and learn how to use all of it's features.

3. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

I have not even received it yet. I have read the manual on the computer. I am anxious to learn how to use it and gain some experience. I expect I will have problems and I will be back on the forum with questions. I don't mind being called a "hack." I do good irrigation repair, but I guess I am a hack at locating. I think if people would not take offense at responses so easily this forum would be a better forum. I get tired of the sarcastic and unhelpful responses in some threads. If there was no response in kind, it would at least stop at one comment and not a pageful of childish responses. I do like children, just not adults acting like children.
    Cheers