new equipment help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmoney7269, Aug 26, 2010.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I would stick with one brand. If you are set on an exmark walk behind then get a exmark zero turn also. Jmo.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i use the back of my truck for that kindof thing most of the time lol

i just cut the leaves with the mower...or blow them into a pile on the side of the road where the city workers come and pick them up for free...i don't haul them off
  3. BCLawns

BCLawns LawnSite Member

sounds like a good plan to me. good luck!
  4. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

that's what is good about a can vary the speed you are going depending on the height/thickness of the grass....for some reason people seem to think you have to go full throttle all the time...don't be in such a hurry all the time...i mean seriously...if a yard takes you 45 min instead of the usual 40 min what's the big deal? is more important than quantity...some people don't understand that though

anyways there's lots of brands of ztr's but look...they all pretty much have the same engines and such...kawasaki or kohler for the most part...a few hondas....if you cut huge yards that are 2 acres or more wide open grass it might be worth it to get a 60"-72" mower but most of us don' a 48"-54" is fine....personally i don't have any yards with small gates on them...most have the wide gates so i can fit through them all depends on the yards you may get a customer that has a small gate...then you gotta decide is their back yard small enough to just cut with a 21" mower or is it really big so i'm gonna need a 36"'s up to you