New Equipment Needed!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bgusler, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bgusler

bgusler LawnSite Member

Hello,

I'm new the landscaping business and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good place to purchase all of the necessary equipment that I will need. I have nothing as of yet, but have made a pretty solid list of what I think I would need. Everything from the mowers to first aid kits. I need it all! Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

2. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of lawns will you be doing. comercial,residential, and how many do you plan on trying to get...need more info!

3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Also you don't buy, buy, buy, unless you have the clients. I'm taking a risk on getting a Walker mower but It will eliminate the need for another employee. Also please get us some more info.

4. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

I would suggest going my route. Buy the minimum amount needed to get going until you have enough customers to justify spending on lots of equipment. All I have so far is a trimmer, blower, and a mower, and thats all I really need until business picks up. Oh yeah it helps to have friends in the landscaping business that will lend you anything you need to get you on your feet

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Don't buy equipment (mowers, trimmers and such) from Home depot or Lowes! Go to a good dealer and get a relationship going! Having a good dealer with good service department is worth a lot more then saving a few bucks by buying cheap crap that no one wants to work on.
    Give us some more feedback about the types of properties you will be doing and the type of work you want to do(just mowing, or landscaping)

6. 1PREMIER

1PREMIER LawnSite Member

what are the premier Brands of choice for everyone as far as Comerical Mowers? Blowers, etc.
    Like which ones are the ones u are just paying for the name & which ones are "he get what you pay fo" and which are the Stud brands... I mean I am just getting a feel for this business so any info is greatly needed, thanks...

7. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i run gravely, and echo, and my blower is soon to be a redmax....redmax is seemed to be the chosen ones, but as far as mowers ur gonna get different brands from differnt people, what people have are what the love and they swear by them...to me i like gravely, exmark, and scag, i got a good deal on my gravely and my dealer is amazing thats why i went with it, if the emark dealer was better prob would have gone with that one