1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by blankenshiplawncare, Jan 11, 2006.

1. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just some photos of a new p/u and dump trailer.

Attached Files:

2. blankenshiplawncare

Sorry and a buddy's ASV 100 stuck in a salt marsh on Tybee Island. That was bad!

Attached Files:

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

OUCH!!! That does not look like fun
  4. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

durn... that's what you call buried.
  5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

wow nice stuff.

that must have tooken awhile to take out how long did it take u to get it out?
    and did the machine have any trouble pulling it out?
    i like the dump trailer!:)
  6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Actually, that does look like it was fun. I am sure it wasn't fun getting it out though. Nice truck.
  7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That just happened to my buddy with a bob track about a month ago it sure was a mess.

How did you manage to unstick it? Cuz I know that other ASV could not pull it out alone.

We had 2 F-250's and a Johndeere skid steer hooked up and still did not budge it. Then we tried a 24,000lb winch and that helped it sink more to the side.

Finally had to call another buddy with a 1 Ton Dodge dually on 37 super swampers. As soon as he got traction it came right out, also helped that the Cummins was built to 600 some hp and 1200ftlb of torque:p
  8. blankenshiplawncare

It was pretty crazy to say the least. The guys ended up getting it out the next morning with his JD 450 Dozer. No oil on top or any major damage. The window cost a little bit but better than if the back end had been in the mud. Cutter head just needed washing and its back to work. Thanks for the comments.

9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Why did the operator pick up the boom so high?Not that it would have helped much , but every little bit of surface counts.
  10. blankenshiplawncare

That head cost about $20,000 and $4,000 to replace the teeth. Trying not to damage too much at once.