1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well i just bought a new Ryan aerator and a jungle jim trimmer rack.
    Im planning on getting a Toro commercial later and mabie a hustler trimstar?
    But i love the aerator it is so easy to run it is crazy,
    So what's everyone else planning on getting this year??
  2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

More customers, so I can afford a new mower:usflag:
  3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

(Tator) Specially after you shelled out that sweet coin for that trailer, Lol!!
  4. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

How about some pics of the aerator?
  5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

More customers, followed by all new Redmax handheld stuff, possibly a new 21", possibly a new Ferris 32". I'd like to get a new Walker, another truck would come in handy, and I really want a 4 wheeler. I REALLY need to do something different for a shop too.
  6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Uhhhh hand aerator and easy to run dont go hand in hand. We have one similar to the picture belowe but its just sitting in favor of a tow behind that we use behind our lazer.

If it is one of these then I have news for you its going to tire you out in no time flat. This coming from a guy that is 5'11" and 250 pounds of muscle. Im not going to sit here and say they dont work great because they do but god they beat you up after a few lawns.

7. RickR1818

thats why I wanted to see a pic! I heard from everyone on here how EASY it was to aerate so I rented one last fall and did 6 good sized yards. I said that day that I would never do that again! It was not worth the money, the sad thing is that on my last yard, the neighbor came out and wanted his done along with 8 more in the same neighborhood. I think the only way I would aerate again is if I bought a stander.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I just need to get more yards.
  9. Wilson Edge

Wilson Edge LawnSite Member

Ooooh I have the ich soooo bad. Well this is what i Plan/want to buy

walker model c 20 hp
    stihl stick edger
    stihl back pack blower
    stihl line trimmer
    stihl Double sidded hedge trimmer
    New push mower

Yah it seems like im settin up a new crew or something but actualy I only have a walk behind edger, and want a stick one. I own a great dane 48" super surfer but want the walker for 4ft gates and have the dane as a "back up" mower. I will need a new blower by the end of the season. And i have never had a hedge trimmer before but, due to some bids I am going to need one for this year. Oh and as for the push mower. well i broke of one of the wheels last year in a way that it cant be fixed. Plus the engines burning oil so ill need a new one of those.
  10. RickR1818

any pics of the aerator yet?