New Equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superdave, Jun 15, 2004.

1. superdave

superdave LawnSite Member

Ok guy's here goes my 2nd thread and hopefuly it will be shorter than the "war & peace" 1st one I wrote. I am just starting out in the biz and am using equpment borrowed from my father-in-law or the guy I am sorta subbing for. I'm looking to replace most of the borrowed stuff with my own equipment. I'm good on my ZTR, with a 718D Grasshopper with 48 in' Deck. I'm using my father-in-law's Stihl trimmer. It's a straight shaft that you can get attatchments for. Should I buy the edger attatchment or should I just buy another edger all together so my helper and I don't end up trying to stay busy waiting on the other to finish. I've been using a borrowed Stihl blower that's pretty nice. I guess my question is in which order did you get your stuff. Obviously mowers 1st, but in importance rank your other equipment.

P.S. we've been edging with the trimmer so far but personally I think it looks tacky compared to the perfect edge you get with an edger.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Cuttingedglwncare

Cuttingedglwncare LawnSite Member

I got my mowers first then, 2 Shindaiwa T270 trimmers, Husqvarna 155bt blower, 1 Shindaiwa Le231 stick edger, and then a few mis. equip. That is basically the highlightes you need right?

3. superdave

superdave LawnSite Member

That's what I'm looking for Cuttingedge.
    David