1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New ex-mark walkbehind grips?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Jun 4, 2001.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have/used the new grips? what do u think of them? Any other good info on 'em.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

are you talking about the new ECS control system or do they have new pistol grips for the walk behinds?
  3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

the ECS (sorry i forgot the name)
  4. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering about those grips myself. Haven't heard any feedback on them.
  5. casey

casey Guest

ECS is excellent.
    Took a couple of days to really get a feel for it but after that WOW. Easy to track straight, easy to slow down & turn, reverse control is incredible, neutral lock good feature. Cut time and energy significantly from my Toro pistol and T bar (don't like the tracking)

Cutntrim, why can't I access your page??
    Can anyone?
  6. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf LawnSite Member

I was able to use a unit with the ECS handles last year at the factory. It is great! I did not use it that long but i think on one of those long days, it would be much more comfortable.

I just bought another 2360 turf tracer last week but unfortunatly it did not have the new control system. When i brought it to the shop, my guys were kind of disapointed!
  7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I checked out at the dealership and thought it was very comfortable.

I read a post here and someone questioned he ability of the unit for hopping curbs or a step. I tried to raise the front of the demo model and found this to be a valid concern.

I have talked with other LCO's in my area that thought my pistol grips would be hard on the wrists. I havnt had any trouble with them. I get callouses a ditch digger could understand, that is the only negative I can relay.
  8. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

I have a 48in Turf Tracer with the new controls. I really like them but this is the first walk-behind I have used so I don't know how the standard controls feel.

I would like to see them with the controls on the bottom of the bars rather than the top. When cutting under trees your hands are exposed to limbs and any other thing sticking out. Maybe if they had dual controls so a person could use either location!:dizzy:
  9. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

i understand that all the new ECS mowers also have a floating deck but isnt it still neccessary to lift the front to the mower ocasionaly, especialy when you see that rock at just the last second before you go over it. I was wondering if it is a big problem lifting the deck especialy when using a velke or something of the sort.