New Exmaek Z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lech615, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

I spoke with my local guy the other day and he told me that exmark was going to introduce a new z mower that would be priced in the $5-6000 range. He claims there will only be a limited number of them built intially and basically they are similiar to the other Z's without the "bells and whistles". My questions are:

Is this true?

When will it be available?

How can I get more info?

Will be able to handle a vac system?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I don't have the exact pricing with me but yes we will have a new rider called the Lazer CT.

The CT is intended to be a bridge between the hydro walk behind and the Lazer HP.

At this time we do not intend to fit the vac system to the unit. Production began in the last few weeks and should be arriving at various dealers throughout the country very soon. It is very similar to the Lazer HP without all the bells and whistles buty still a commercial machine. See your local dealer for details and to see on in person in the next 60 days or so for details.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Any info or pics available???
  4. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I'm half drooling already at the thought of this.. Although not having the bagging system available is kinda a down-side.. But still sounds GREAT that a new extension to the product line is coming out.. I love new stuff!!!

5. Envy Lawn Service

WE WANT INFO! WE WANT INFO! WE WANT INFO!:blob3: :blob1: :blob4: :D
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How Could You Not Put a Bagger On a Mower That Has One already!!

:confused: Johnny G. :confused:
  7. eXmark

Here you go guys. This unit is intended to bridge he gap between the Turf Tracer HP and the Lazer HP.

In comparison the CT has smaller wheel motors than the HP, decreased clutch capacity, smaller tires, less ground speed, and is only available with a single cylinder Kohler 18 hp. The CT also has a redesigned front frame, deck lift system, parking brake similar in function to the hydro walk behinds, and no cannister airfilter.

Here's a small sampling of the technical specs.

There are several reasons for the lack of a vac system. Some of these include the lighter duty clutch, slight change in deck design, smaller wheel motors as well as the deck lift system and front frame that is cross between the Turf Tracer HP and the Lazer HP.

It's a great little entry level commercial zero turn but it simply doesn't have all the features of the Lazer HP.

ENGINES AVAILABLE 18-hp Kohler Command Single Cylinder

HYDRO PUMPS Twin Hydro-Gear pumps
    WHEEL MOTORS Twin Parker/Ross TE
    HYDRO LUBRICATION Mobil 1® SuperSyn synthetic oil
    SPEED Infinitely variable speed: 0-7.2 mph forward, 0-4.2 mph reverse

PTO ENGAGEMENT 125 ft./lb. Warner electromagnetic clutch
    FUEL CAPACITY 8.5-gal. (32-l) twin fuel tanks
    STYLE Full-floating TriVantage continuous seam welded with 10-gauge top and 7-gauge skirt.
    5” deep, 4-point suspension, 3 adjustable anti-scalp rollers.
    CUTTING HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT 1.5” to 4.5” in 1/4” increments
    BLADE-TIP SPEED 18,000-18,500 fpm
    BLADES Excalibur .204” thick alloy steel
    BLADE SPINDLES 1.19” (30.2mm) diameter
    TRACTOR FRAME Welded, heavy-duty 7-gauge steel
    FRONT CASTER TIRES 11 x 4 - 5 Pneumatic smooth tread
    DRIVE TIRES 20 x 10 - 10 4-ply MultiTrac C/S
    PARKING BRAKE Mechanical compression
    SEAT “No Springs” EVC seat
    DRIVE-WHEEL RELEASE Easy-access dump valves with engine on or off
    SAFETY PACKAGE Operator Presence Controls
    ELECTRICAL SYSTEM 12-V battery, 15-amp alternator

ARM REST KIT 103-1285
    CUP-HOLDER 1-641284
    DECK-LIFT 103-4192
    MICRO-MULCH KIT 44” UNITS (MK443) 48” UNITS (MK483)

8. Envy Lawn Service

Sounds like a good entry level machine for folks like me that rarely ever collect anything. I mulch almost always and except for a very tough leaf job I wouldn't consider collecting anything.

So anyways, when will we be able to "SEE" this machine either on the Exmark site or on here? I want to see some pictures!

I know, nag-nag....:D
  9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Any plans for a similar option with the full size lazer? I own two 60" 25 Kohlers. One is a 99 and the other is an 01. I prefer the 99 over the 01. The narrow (13x5x6) cast wheels and the 23x10.5x12 drive wheels allow better manuverability without much of a difference in ride.
    I know the new features including engine options will increase speed and save some fuel, but at what expense? For many operators the EFI,fancy seat, cup holder, deeper deck, etc. are not needed. For our operation, 15 to 60 minutes on the mower per stop does not justify an extra $2000+- for the bells and whistles.
    BTW the 99 has close to 2000 hours and still runs great! Just put on new tires all around, seat bottom, and fresh blades. Come on Spring!
  10. eXmark

The thought of a downscaled version of the Lazer really hasn't come up come up but I'll bounce it off the engineering guys and see what they say.

As far as your current Z's we've made some more changes since 2001. One of them is the new drive tires that not only are more turf friendly (helps with the maneuverability) but have better tread live and better traction.

The 2003's also get more durable spindle assemblies, shock valves in the pumps, on board tracking adjustment, 27 hp Kohler, 28 EFI, longer life mule drive belt, heavier duty anti-scalp roller brackets in addition to all of the "running" changes in 2002.

You might want to demo a 2003, you may like it even better than your 99'.