New Exmark 21" mulching blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by C6H12O6, Apr 2, 2012.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 LawnSite Member

I got the new mulching blade for the 21" Exmark today. I figured I would post some pictures if anyone might be interested.

Head on profile shot:

[​IMG]

How much I was taking off:

[​IMG]

An idea of the stripes and overall look:

[​IMG]

Bottom of deck after I mowed the lawn:

[​IMG]

I only used it on two lawns so I don't have much experience with it. I used it on a poorly maintained sparse lawn and it was leaving some stingers. Overall I am pretty happy, certainly better than the older options. Anyway I hope this is useful to someone. Have a nice day.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Is this a Oregon blade or Exmark blade? PN#?

Can you take a side profile pic with the blade off the mower? :)

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Where did you get the blade at? I've been searching with no luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought that mower and pretty sure thats the blade thats on it. Did a couple passes mulching and it looked like it was bagged. Going to try it a little more today mulching we usually bag.

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Could you get the part number for me.please? I talked to a couple dealers and they say it does not exist even those I show them the pic from above. They all say its a retro fit blade. Meaning its ment for another mower.

My blade does fine in thin grass mulching, bit thick stiff it will leave a trail on the right at times. Wet of dry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Zack1978

Zack1978 LawnSite Member
    from nj

Bump.....any other info about this blade?

I am on the hunt for the best mulching 21 mower. I am down to the Exmark, Honda HRC, and the Toro.

Zack

7. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I've been searching all over for the blade, and can't find it any where.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Did you try Walmart? Seriously, they have some mulching blades that would more then likely work as good as the one in the pic. I have a Toro Personal Pace and it cut horrible with the mulching blade. I found a flat blade high lift at Walmart and installed it. It cuts great when bagging or side discharging.

9. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

I just posted a thread inquiring about new mulching blades that make a big difference and now I see you have found one. Can you give a part number or what I need to look for?

10. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I use my personal pace on a few lawns a week and decided on a whim while at lowes to get one of those Arnold gator style blades to replace the beat up Toro Atomic blade that came on the mower. Not real impressed I was just thinking about trying to find a high lift blade for it.