New Exmark commercial metro 21?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bucky5, Apr 29, 2010.

1. bucky5

bucky5 LawnSite Member

I did a search on the new exmark commercial 21 and did not find much information. Wondering if I could get some input from those of you that actually have one and have used it. I looked it over at the dealer and really looks nice but would like to hear some real world experiences. Thank you

Please identify what model you have experience with as there are a multitude of different metro 21's now.

2. old timer

old timer LawnSite Member

I was trying to buy one with the kai engine with bbc I had looked at one with the zone start at the dealer. While demoing it in the parking lot the belt can off twice, so I wanted the one with the bbc to take out for a demo in the field. The distributor was setting it up but then he starting stalling me on when it would be shipped top the dealer, after about 2 weeks I told him I needed to demo or I was going to buy a honda hcr. He told me to buy the honda that the exmark had belt problems and exmark was redesigning a belt guide and that they had stopped production. Make sure you demo it first because if the distributor told me to walk away then it must be a problem. I do own exmark rider and like it so I was disappointed.

3. bucky5

bucky5 LawnSite Member

No one has experience with these mowers yet?

4. GLlawncare

GLlawncare LawnSite Member

They look nice, how much is the price? I like that they are pretty basic mowers, nothing too fancy.

5. BROWNDOG10

BROWNDOG10 LawnSite Member

I bought the new commercial 21 as soon as it came out, the rep is right the thing does have problems, they claim it to be good as a mulcher, it is not and is horrible wouldnt even compare to most 300 dollar machines you would by and doesnt hold a candle to my honda hrr216. My dealer was little help so i called exmark and they told me the grass was probably weeter than usual, which is funny because we are 6inches behind on average rainfall. Avoid at all cost. Unit is the full featured model with KAI engine.

6. BROWNDOG10

I paid 950.

7. BROWNDOG10

Not to bad when used with the bagger, and not willing o pay $100 dollars for the discharge chute. Funny thing is people have tried to buy units since i purchased mine and they cannot get them, evidently there is a problem.

8. bucky5

bucky5 LawnSite Member

$950 seems to be a good price. I was quoted $1,100 with the $100 rebate. I too am not willing to spend $100 on a discharge chute. I was wanting to hear good reviews.

9. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

My guys and I are very disapointed to hear that there are problems with this machine. We were so looking forward to buy two of them. Back in Febuary we asked our dealer when it would be avaliable and I was told to check back with them in the beging of April to the mid of April. We will probably go ahead and get a new Honda commercial HRC 216
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. K-OS

K-OS LawnSite Member

Can someone give me feedback on the new HRC mowers from Honda?

Exmark is taking too long, customers are complaining.