New ExMark I bought...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Enzo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Hey Everybody,

Today I just picked up an ExMark Turf Tracer HP. Its got hydro drive and a floating deck which is 48 inches. I bought all this including a bagger, another set of blades, and the stand on attachment for $6100. Can anyone please provide some input on this, thanks

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

What kind of imput are you looking for?

IMO that is NUTS to pay that much for a frickin WB when you can get a ZTR for that.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

my thoughts exactly.

4. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

A good commercial ztr that will last me cost about 10,000 even with bagging system.

5. ezgoer1969

ezgoer1969 LawnSite Member

$6100 is the going rate. I just got a 36"tthp for $5199. A ZTR at $10,000 is not the same price!! I could have afforded a ZTR but for the accounts I seek the 36" suited me. I wouldn't weigh in too much on what most here on lawnsite post. Half if not more of them speak one thing and do another. Some seem helpful, others don't realize it doesn't take a college degree to do this. They should appreciate any customer willing to spend their hard earned money for our lawn services. Some require more than others to please, but that is the service industry. Use your best judgement out there, whatever feels right to you then do. Never second guess, just keep going forward. Good luck with your new 48"!

6. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

my input is that I am jealous of your mower. I wish they could make your exact mower in a 32". I would have one yesterday if they did.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I just Bought a 48" Hydro Gravely. It has 18" rear tires,Electric clutch,Hour meter and goes 8.5MPH. It also has a 5.5" deep deck. All this for 4800 bucks Cash.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

John -- I thought you were an Exmark man ... what gives with getting the Gravely ??

Also, I was going to say that the price of $ 6,100 sounds high, however, I also agree with exgoer to an extent ... "Use your best judgement out there ... just keep going forward ...".

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well he did get some extra stuff for the money and Im sure the price included tax. Enzo it really doesnt matter what we think, your the one that has to use it. If its the mower you wanted, then great job and I hope it will make you 10x's the money you paid for it. Best of luck. You should post some pics, I think we all like to see nice shiney mowers.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct