New Exmark Made by Walker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ciceros_Day_Job, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Ciceros_Day_Job

Ciceros_Day_Job LawnSite Member

I recently recieved a flyer for the new Exmark Navigator and I am sure it looks like the Walker rider. Does anyone have any info?

2. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Go the the exmark forum and you can read all about it, no its not made by walker. Also do a search on exmark navigator and you will find a lot of results

3. Ciceros_Day_Job

Ciceros_Day_Job LawnSite Member

Everything matches up to the walker from specs to looks to the same engine types. Was walker bought out?

4. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer LawnSite Member
    from mtka,MN

No. From what I have heard they just copied the Walker as best they could. I looked at the Navigator and upon closer inspection there are some noticeable differences.

5. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

it looks like a p.o.s to me. they just copied walker. and i am sure this product will be off the market soon just like all the other walker copiers. The only thing walker needs to do is have there own 5.5" turbo force ghs deck.

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Its a little more pricey too!!!

7. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

They are trying again in the dedicated bagging system market. They failed with the Explorer so they figure they can do it again.

IMO it LOOKS alright. Time will tell though.......

8. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

It's funny how many Walker discussions there have been recently.

A Walker is made for tight, contoured heavily landscapes areas that need to be bagged ( GHS )

I have had em' for a long time and really love the Walker. Would I put them on a rolling field of 3 acres, hell no.

10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I would put the one coming out in 2 months, with a 74 on it, on a rolling field of 3 acres, then put a 52 for all my yards(which is what I use now), then a 42 to get thru a few gates. the 31 horse coming out, goes faster too.