1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Exmark Metro 26 inch and Stihl FS 250 R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HLM HustlerZ, Sep 26, 2012.

1. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

On Tuesday, we picked up our new Exmark Metro 26 inch mower from the dealer and also grabbed a Stihl FS 250 R trimmer.

I'll post pictures tomorrow of the two, and give my review of each one as the week continues. Haven't cut with the Exmark mower yet, seems built like a tank. We already have an Exmark 21 X-series walkbehind with the Kawi- love it. We bought the 26 Metro for small manicured Bermuda yards in a Retirement community.

The FS 250 R by Stihl seems really powerful, been running the FS 80s and 90s for years doing lawns but we've picked up some properties lately with dams and retention ponds that require some "meaty" weedeating so hopefully it works out!

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with the Metro 26 on Bermuda.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, he will need it. I wonder what the stores return policy is?

4. cgaengineer

For a Metro 26? The return policy is void if you buy it. ;)

But if you are like me you can keep it 1/2 season and unload it for less than 1/2 of what you paid for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Let me know how you like the metro. I have been looking at them

6. S. Scapes

S. Scapes LawnSite Member

What's wrong with the metro on Bermuda? I have a 21'' Toro personal pace and it cuts very well.

7. cgaengineer

Because your 21" mower has the same size engine as the much larger 26" mower. The engine is too small so it's way underpowered. It also has to propel its heavy self.

If its possible to return it, do it now. You will regret your purchase next spring when grass is thick...and wet.

There are plenty of threads on the metro 26 on LS...I advise you to look at them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

The Metro 26 is an awesome mower. They are popular for guys who do a lot of small yards in the city. I might pick one up for my yards with back gates that are less than 30 inches.

How are you liking the Commercial 21 so far? Those are great mowers as well.