1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Exmark....no cheap date!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jun 9, 2011.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I stopped into my local Exmark dealer so he could fix one of our Gravely's,lol (popped the front tire) and while I was sitting there I was checking out some prices for another rider. The "E" series with a 27hp Kholer went for around 12k with a bagger and a "E" series 38hp kawi went for 15k with the Ultra Vac. ;). The last "new" rider we bought was a Gravely 52" with a 23 kawi and bagging system and we paid around 9k for everything. Even a 52" TurfTracer was pushing 7k! Yikes! I think we'll stick to Gravely.

2. Northeast Mower

Northeast Mower LawnSite Member

That's insane.

I just got a quote for a 2010 Turf Tracer, 16hp Kawi for $6,249. I'd pay that kind of money for their walk behinds but the lazers pricey.

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I thought the E series was the lower priced series. I just bought a new 52" Lazer, 24HP Kawi, with Ultravac for $10,500. If I didn't get the collection system, the mower was $8800. I did the three years, 0% from Sheffield.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I added another to our fleet of 4 - so now have 5. This machine has the kolher engine, 52 deck, ultra vac setup. Demo machine with 23 odd hours - $7800 out the door.

In comparision to others out there exmark and toro I have found are the most money. But then I looked at a diesel this year as well. Exmark, toro, and kubota - the kubota was more $$$.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You get what you pay for.

6. nobagger

from Pa

I asked about the Exmark diesel.......18K!!!!!!!!!

7. nobagger

from Pa

He showed me an "s" series and the "E" series. He said the only difference was larger spindles, better seat and more suspension on the deck. He figured 0% same deal and the payments were 460/mo....no thanks.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

In most cases I would agree but not in this case. You simply can not beat gravely for the money you spend. The mowers can be used as nuclear shelters and the X-Factor deck is hard to beat. Was just at my dealer and I can pick up a new 160Z for $7200. Or I could go buy a new 60" lazer for $10K+ that will do nothing better than what the much cheaper gravely will do.

9. nobagger

from Pa

I agree 100% that X Factor deck is awesome!!! ZERO build up! Yeah, we'll stick with Gravely, very minimal problems so far with all of ours.

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

the kubota diesel with bagger that I priced was $20980. The Xmark I priced was $18950 with bagger. That is alot of money for a diesel machine where as i do not see the savings in fuel to justify that amount of $$$$$$ for a mower.