New Exmark Questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybow, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Hello I took a trip to my local dealer today to price some zero turns. I was looking at an Exmark 50 inch deck with a 23 horse Kaw and the Triton deck.They want $6999 for it. Is this a good price/engine deck combo.I mean the 23 horse kawi should have plenty of power for a deck that size right.This will be my first ZTR and I dont want to jump into anything.Also how is the Triton deck cut quality/mulching etc.Thanks.

2. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

the engine/deck combo should have plenty of power. R u planning on mulching or using a ultra vac. I have had a forum discussion on the decks if you do a search. The jist I got was it is about 50/50 on people who support the triton deck, I am llooking at purchasing the hp 27 kohler and 56" deck, but unsure of the triton myslef. No complaints of the proven ultra cut deck.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now they are running a promotion on a 52 23 kaw with the triadvantage deck series for the same amount. Get one of those. Now lets say he does not want to order one in tell him knock off 500 and I will then buy the one you have on stock since you are already probably paying interest on them.:laugh:

4. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

Which mower is this 52' trivant deck on? is this the TT Hp or a lazer? Would love to know would probably make my spring purchase decision.

5. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a reason you are not looking at the 60.?
    You could get a 60 laser AS ultracut with a 28hp kawi for 1500 more.
    You could easily make up the dif in productivity. Just wondering.

6. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Well I am only doing about 22 residential properties right now.Im going into my second season and im not really sure what I want or need.I want to pic up some commercial properties for next season or if a oportunity presents its self sooner.I thought I would start with a 52 and upgrade if the need was there in the future.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer does not like the smaller Triton decks. They are still having isues with it. FWIW - They do not have complaints with the 60" Triton.

8. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought one of those 52/23's and love it, paid that 6999 minus trade in.

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm all for the AS. Full frame.

10. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

anyone who buys an exmark with a triton deck, is seriously a moron. you hear so many complaints about it. you hear very little complaing about the ultra cut. i have an ultra cut for 7 years. no doubt the best machine running.

exmark now is offering the ultra cut on the FULL SIZE lazer.(check there web site( cause there tri ton is bunk tri ton stands for 3 ton of problems.