new exmark tranny problems

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rnycboa, Jun 15, 2008.

1. rnycboa

rnycboa LawnSite Member

I have a new 32 inch belt exmark mowed my lawn 6 times with and the transmission is shot.makes loud grinding noise.have to take it back to dealer .they want $50.00 to pick it up.also said they are not sure if its covered under warranty they have to look at it first.Its only two months old.Any one ever have this problem.How do i get the dealer to cover it?

2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i don't know how it could not be under warranty, assuming you haven't done something woefully neglegent. as far as the dealer wanting to charge you, you may be stuck on that one...you might try an email directly to Exmark......

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. It should be covered, but they always say that to cover their a**. I think you can rent a truck from Maynards for $16.00/day. Good luck

4. rnycboa

rnycboa LawnSite Member

Thanks ,I borrowed a trailer and brought it the dealer yesterday.They were very good about it so far.He said he has peerless tranny in stock.He said once in a while you get a bad one.Hope I dont have to pay for labor.I used it to cut my 1/4 lot 6 times 20 mins a cut flat property.Only like 2hrs cutting time.

5. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

If you've been shifting without coming to a COMPLETE stop, it's NOT covered.

It would be considered abuse. The keys in these trannys are not designed to be shifted "on-the-fly".