new Exmark Triton mower deck 6"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

my gawd its huge! Its so strong looking it makes my 61" deck on my Ferris look like childsplay, feels heavy just from trying to lift it too, but take that with a grain of salt.

Is there any advantage to using such a deep deck i mean why would you need 6"?

2. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

the deep deck is supposedly to prevent any clogging at all in the deck. supposedly you could cut deep grass in the rain and it wont clog. saw some other post on here about a guy that saw a demo

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

It's only a 1/2 inch deeper than several decks on the market. You make it sound like it's a huge jump. It is a "high capacity deck", so the deeper it is, the more grass it can run through it.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah, their other decks like the Tri Advantage's and Ultrs Decks are 5.5" I don't know if a half inch is going to be a huge difference.:confused:

5. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

It also has adjustable baffles and front for varying conditions and ultra high lift blades for wet conditions.The blade design prevents bolt head rounding.
    They have anti tightening features to prevent blade bolt self tightening!
    I called the dealer and said "show me one"

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Smart Move :clapping:

7. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

I have a 3 yr old 52 Lazer Z with a 27 hp Kohler.In heavy or wet conditions the 17 hp 48" walk behinds disperse clippings better than it does.Everything I see
    about the Triton seems to adress all the weak points.Time to see one up close and personal like!

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

9. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

How deep is the ferris deck and what kind of quality?

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

i think their 4-5", i forget what mine is really :p cut quality is good, id say its not so good with mulching blades. I have gator blades on most of last year and with thicker grass, the suction isnt so good without high lifts and it leaves marks where the front tires rolled over the high grass :confused: