1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Exmark ZTR design?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by UrbanGreen, Jun 7, 2008.

1. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

I was told by my local dealer the other day that exmark has got something kick azz coming out possibly by the end of the year....supposedly exmark has taken all of the ztr's they have from the past 10 or so years, and have corrected any and all flaws they have ever had, and have come up with a newly designed ztr that will kill anything else out on the market:clapping:.

He said he has not seen the machine yet and has only been told little tid bits about it. He wont be able to go out to exmark's proving grounds until I think July to check it out.

I was wondering if anybody else has heard anything about this? I was thinking about getting a ztr but just might wait if this so called wonderful machine sent down from above is coming out soon!
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There first and foremost design flaw is the mule drive. Follow that up with non-adjustable electric clutches with a limited lifespan. No grease blade spindles.
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Two words: Stand On. I see eXmark putting one out by 2010 or 2011.
  4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I completely disagree. I sold my exmark with 2000hrs original mule belt, spindles and clutch. My scag and Hustler had all three of these replaced (vertical shaft,greasable spindles etc)at under 1000hrs.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag spindles that failed :hammerhead: