1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jaredslawncare, Mar 4, 2003.

1. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

Last summer in July I bought a new Exmark lazer Z hp with the 21 hp w/ 48" deck. The mower ran right for about 2 hrs. then started misfiring and I removed the plugs only to find dark carbon black plugs. I took the mower to Mutton Power Equipment in Fort Wayne where I bought it. It was an 01' model with the new type of exhaust system. The exhaust smells like it cannot burn off the fuel that it is being given. The exmark tech at Muttons said it sounded like A Kaw engine to him. Then why were the plugs so fouled up? It backfires when i shut it off and the new set of plugs I put in it were fouled after about 2 hrs. of use again. The mower is great when it comes to cutting but I know the engine isnt running right. Also oil shoots out of the exhaust. please help me.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

From what your describing it sounds like you may have some carburation issues, possibly a problem with the float.

Did the guys at Muttons hear it run or were they commenting on what you were describing? Either way I'd give them a call and try to schedule a time when you can drop it off and leave it for a while. If the plugs are turning black that fast it's running awfully rich.

Let me know what they say. You can e-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com