New eXmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnworker, Jan 4, 2005.

1. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Last week I picked up a new eXmark Turftracer HP 48 with the kawi twin. I have a lot of learning to do, considering the hydro. I have ran belts for years.
    Anyways this mower seems like it is gonna be awesome in the spring.

I have a question.When I drove it around the yard I noticed it seemed to blow the grass out the side farther then my fixed deck eXmarks. My question is for others who own this machine. how is the side blow out under normal growing conditions? Normally, I can mow eight feet in ( away from beds)then mow back and forth and not get to much clippings in mulch beds. Maybe it was the bare grass situation of winter. I am not sure.I might have to switch to gators.

Is the mulch kit any good for thick wet lush grass? I have never bothered with the kits before.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Congratulations on the new mower. If it blows the clippings further than you would like then you may want to think about getting an OCDC (Operator Controlled Discharge Chute). Just a thought.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking the same thing,(ocdc) I dont own an exmark but I installed one one my scag this fall and it saves me alot of blower time and my customers commented that the mulch beds looked alot nicer

4. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of ocdc did you put on the scag? I put an ez chute on the exmark, but couldn't find one for the scag.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

4 letters, ocdc.....

unless you mean the side oppsite of the discharge chute

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

as the others said, an ocdc will solve your problem.