New Exmarks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried the new Exmark Laser today. It was the 31 hp, 72 deck. It is nice, but huge!!! If you have the need for a deck that big, I suggest taking a look at it. They did not have the diesel there though, which I wanted to try. They also had the new walkbehinds, I like the new grips, easier to use and seems easier on you. Just thought some of you would like to hear about it. The laser was very quiet and smooth to run, a lot quieter than my Kaw.

2. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

What engine make was in it?

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Daihatsu

4. Cutter1

3 cylinder daihatsu liquid cooled

5. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Cutter 1 what is the grips like on the new exmark walkbehinds is it like a toro style are is it just a new pistol grip desighn?

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Combo of both.

Actually it's a highly modified pistol grip.

I'd e-mail a pic if I knew how.

7. Cutter1

It has the same feel as the pistol grip, but in a different position. I like it a lot more than the t bar. Your still squeezing the triggers like the old exmarks, but seems to be easier to control. The exmark guy(who didn't know squat) told me that they were making the controls easier to squeeze(for reverse) so it is easier on the operator. I don't know what to believe though, he also said that the kohler engines are better than the kawasaki engines, do to the fact that you can get kohler parts easier. I told him thats because they need worked on more. He didn't like that comment. Truth hurts.