New F-550 w/ dump body.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

This is my new 2012 F-550 4x4 diesel with the payload plus package GVW 19,500. 12' Aluminum dump body. 4' sides, 48" roof overhang, side door and rear doors.

chris landscape 11.27 073.jpg

chris landscape 11.27 048.jpg

chris landscape 11.27 052.jpg

chris landscape 11.27 047.jpg

chris landscape 11.27 110.jpg

chris landscape 11.27 089.jpg

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Damn that truck is hot. What did it set you back
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

That is sexy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ClassicLawnCareInc

A few more pics of the truck.

chris landscape 11.27 113.jpg

chris landscape 11.27 051.jpg

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Beautiful rig man.

6. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

That truck is perfect! Did u have everything customized. I'm thinking with the aluminum bed, overhang, doors, and dowse that truck ran u between 65k-72k roughly depending in interior!

Hope you have the work for it to keep it busy and your dealer stands by you on any warrantys or breakdowns you may have. I'd check in with your dealer also if they are a commercial dealer. Some dealers around me offer a zero down program if your truck is in the shop they will give you a loaner or rental money towards a different truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ClassicLawnCareInc

Yup yup, we do use this truck year round. Thankfully we have plenty of work for it. We use it for everything.

We bought the truck from one of our local Ford dealers, then they sent it to Meadows Hydraulics in Fruitland MD and they built the body from scratch. They custom made everything. They put a 10 ton hoist under it. It ook about 4 weeks from start to finish.

Total was about 70k.

8. ClassicLawnCareInc

And yup my local dealer is a commercial dealer they can do all warranty work, although I've never needed to use them. My last dump truck the 2010 F-450 never had to go to the dealer for anything in 3 yrs 34k miles.

9. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely badass!!!!!! Congratulations!

I'd take it any day.... but I do see a lot of these trucks with the really high fixed sides (I know you have the side door...) and I can't imagine working with that. We throw so much stuff over the short sides of my f550 and the sides fold down too. I think I'd always buy a dump body with fold down sides.

Nonetheless, BEAUTIFUL truck.

10. ClassicLawnCareInc

Thatx perfectearth. Yeah I can see where would be a need for shorter sides sometimes. 80% of what we use this for is hauling mulch and debris and when we do it's usually filled top to bottom with as much as we can get in there so we almost always need the 4' sides.