New Facility

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We broke ground yesterday on my 3/4 acre lot. We should start construction (w/in 2 weeks hopefully) of a 40X60 pole barn. If I can get it to load - here's a pic of my 4 yr old daughter on the dozer. Kirstyn sure is a trooper;)

Bob

r0300018.jpg

2. Turfdude

Here's a pic at start of project yesterday (check out the slope before 30 tri-axles of fill)

r0300011.jpg

3. Turfdude

SIte stripped & 30 triaxles later

r0300015.jpg

4. COOL!!

Love the pics, I love to see progress.

5. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

Where in Jersey? How much is a 40x60 pole barn? (pre-fabbed?)I'm from Philly and also have a daughter named Kiersten, spooky.

6. Turfdude

ConPro,

Barrington NJ is the location. Total project 160-200K.
    Building alone concrete, walls, doors, gutters, downs, windows w/out interior walls approx 35K. Get quotes from both Little Construction Co of Mt Laurel + Conestoga Buiildings PA. We chose Little.

Bob

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

keep the pics coming,shoud be really neat to watch the progress. what are your plans for the interior?

8. Turfdude

THe entire yard will be fenced w/ the 3 bays in the back. 2 bays will be 40' front to back, & the 3rd much smaller as I will have an office/ bath area of approx 450 sq. ft, the small bay will be 180 sq ft, which is connected to the 1740 sq ft main shop area.

I also have a separate scrub sink in the shop area, 2 hook-ups for welder, will have several hook-ups for air tools and lots of room on the breaker box for many upgrades when needed.

I'll post more pics later prior to building to show elevation changes, etc

Bob