New Fastrac

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cmccarter, Oct 22, 2005.

1. cmccarter

cmccarter LawnSite Member

Just got my First Fastrac yesterday and used it the first time today .. normally a 4 hr job completed in 2.5.. I think I may enjoy this.

My question:

Is there an adjustable slide available for the seat. I've moved it as far back as possible but I'm 6'4 and my knees hit the control bars. I'd like the slide cause my wife also want to use it but needs the seat a bit more forward than I do.

Also where would I go to get an hr meter for this mower? I think it should be a standard piece on this mower..
  2. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

Dealer will be able to get you one, it comes with a pigtail adapter. It's an easy install, just knock out the blanking plate under L/H side of seat and plug her in.
  3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We've had customers drill new holes in the area under the seat to move the seat further back. Some of our taller customers needed the space. Must make sure the holes are aligned and square.

Your local dealer should be able to provide you with an hour meter. MSRP on the hour meter is $29. They're simple to install.
  4. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

You could get a steering lever extension kit and also an hour meter from your local hustler dealer (I see there are at least three in your area).

Steering Lever Extension Kit, FasTrak 333724 $39
    Kit, Hour Meter FasTrak 367656 $29

You could also buy an aftermarket seat from northerntool, tsc, etc... just make sure the mounting holes are the same.

Same goes for the hour meter, I have used the briggs and stratton "maintenance minder" from it works very good and easy to hook up.
  5. bderks

bderks LawnSite Member

I had the EXACT same issue - I'm also 6'4". The levers would hit my legs whenever I had them full forward or back. There's no slider that I know of, but get the steering lever extension kit, that will solve your problem.
  6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As mentioned above, the hour meter kit is available right from your dealer, and is a simple installation and is a OEM kit.
    As far as the seat goes, there is not a slide kit available, get the steering lever extensions and you will be comfortable.

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

We sold a FasTrak last spring to a tall man with a short wife, and our mechanic installed a set of slide rails from K&M Manufacturing beneath the factory seat. I don't remember now if it required a couple extra holes, but it was a very clean, stock-appearing installation when it was done.

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

Our tech says the rails were a no-muss, no-fuss bolt-on. No drilling required.
  9. cmccarter

cmccarter LawnSite Member

Can you let me know what part number you used? Much appreciated
  10. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

#6043 or #6047? I originally ordered a #6082 ultra low mechanical suspension and just asked them to send the correct set of rails to fit it. We never used the suspension because of a problem routing the seat interlock pigtail . . .

I also think we installed the rails on the FasTrak's original black Milsco seat; the gray Michigan seat might require some drilling.