1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new fastrack 2052 keeping deck clean

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tim10034, Mar 7, 2006.

1. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

well finally got tired of waiting to buy a fastrack so i went ahead and purchased one last thursday....i live in southern Louisiana and there are alot of clovers right now after mowing an acre the inside of the deck was just full of clumps of grass waited till the next day to get the grass off and it was very difficult....does anyone have any suggestion on how what to do where i dont have to do so much cleanup after cutting...ie spraying pam on the deck or running double blades ...will running double blades harm the unit????

some questions also i have are....how do u check and change the izt fluids on the unit ..does not tell u in the owners manual

what kind of blades come standard on the unit..ie high lift...medium lift??
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Mowing when it is as dry as possible will help greatly.
    Other wise i would just watch how much your taking off in a single pass.
    Double blades are not going to help in this wet clover / grass situation.
    IZT fluid and filter should be changed every 200 hours or 2 years, which ever comes first, that is listed in your maintenance schedule in your owners manual, then on page 4-8 and 4-9 it explains how to check and change the fluid.
    The stock blade is a low lift blade
    787721, is the part # for a high lift blade.

3. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

will the high lift blades give me less grass buildup? Also noticed in your owners manual that u should keep the back of the deck 1/4 inch higher than the front..but in the manuel it tells you to place four blocks of 3 inches on each corner and the deck should rest on all four blocks...how will the back of the deck be higher if it is resting on all four blocks???is the back of the deck built 1/4 inch lower than the front???
  4. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

also what kind of lift are on the fusion blades???
  5. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

The deck leveling process is not as easy as the manual says. This is one thing I struggled with till I just decided to try different back tire presures until I got the perfect cut. Once this was achieved I measured the height of the back of the deck and proceeded to adjust the deck height, with tires at 9psi, until the deck matched the height of which I was cutting a perfect cut. Lot easier than using the blocks because it is easier to adjust tire pressure than get out wrenches and tweak the deck. Hope this helps.
  6. RiggitanoLandscape

RiggitanoLandscape LawnSite Member

congrats on your new purchase. Here is your answers to your questions.

First You do need to clean the bottom of your deck out when the grass

builds up. I own a superminiz and I scrape my deck about once a week. I like

useing a ice scraper the kind you use for your car. However you clean your

deck only scrape it do not use water. Water will kill your spindle bearings.

Next Your deck pitch is

set from the factory and is check by your hustler dealer before you pick up

the machine at least that's what I was told. I have read the part about the

blocks of wood and I don't understand it at all along with everybody elese

that owns hustlers. My deck is about level on the front and back. High lift

blades will give you more discharge and air voloicity then the standard lift

blades. I personally use the high lift blades and are very happy with them.

The fusion blades are high lift blades but are coated with something to make

them last longer, but they are also cost twice as much as non-fusion blades.

I get 50 hours out of the non-fusion high lift blades then I replace them. I

would reccomend getting high lift blades. Maybe somebody can comment on

fusion blades since I've never used them all I know is they cost twice as

much and are suppose to last longer.

hope this helps you tim.
  7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They will help get the grass out of the deck faster, so less build up would occur.
    Good question on the level... I will find out.
  8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are a high lift blade.
  9. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

will running double blades void my warranty?????
  10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No, as long as they are not the result of a failure.