New Fastrack Seat Question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Diamondjim, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Diamondjim

Diamondjim LawnSite Member

I picked up my new 18/44 Fastrack last night and so far I am very pleased. However I have this question about the seat adjustment. I am 5'9" and weigh about 250 so I am considered kinda round! I have the seat adjusted all the way back and I have the levers all the way forward. At this point, the front seat mounting screws are about in the middle of the slots and the back screws are all the way toward the back. In this position, it is still hard to get much out of the levers for reverse without hitting my belly.
    I have removed 2 screws and now only have the remaining screws in the front slots all the way back. I can live with it now but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem? Clearance behind the seat is not an issue as there is still plenty of room to go back further.
    I know that losing the belly would be the best solution but that hasn't happened yet and it's not likely to in the future.
    Thanks, Jim

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Jim,
    I replied to the e-mail you sent me.

Pj

3. Diamondjim

Thanks, got your email and I have sent you another. Thanks for the help.

4. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

Get a push mower until you lose the belly, then go back to the fastrack and you should not have any problems.

Just a suggestion.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Nice suggestion.............. lol...lol......

6. br1dge

br1dge LawnSite Member

PJ - can you please share your advice here too? I have the same question as Jim..

7. Diamondjim

I mentioned that losing the belly would be the best solution but since it has been in the family so long I would hate to see it go. I guess next time I'll just have to buy a mower that fits me better. Like a Scag.