1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Fastrak 16/44 owner - handle issue

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rcubid, Sep 19, 2005.

1. rcubid

rcubid LawnSite Member

I took advantage of the latest incentives and picked up a new Fastrak this weekend. The machine is way overkill for what I need (house on 1 acre) but it sure makes quick work of what I have to do.

Even with the Honda 16, this mower really goes and I had no problems mulching at full speed once I got used to the steering - I did realize quickly that turning too fast did cut too close and I had to lay off the throttle for turns.

Anyway - The only issue that I have is during the first run, my steering handles started touching and actually overlap now by about 1/2 in. This wasn't the case when I started to mow and it makes me believe that something might be loose. I've read here that the dealer can adjust it simply, but is this something that I can adjust and save the trip?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you think something is loose call your dealer immediately and let them know.
    I answered your e-mail.

3. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

from what I was told by the dealer. You just bend the handles out until they dont touch.