1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Fastrak 20/52 = AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Ringo7, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Ringo7

Ringo7 LawnSite Member

Just had my new Fastrak 20/52 delivered the other day and I couldn't be happier with this thing! The Kohler version was not available so I went ahead with the Honda engine. This thing is built like a tank! Plowed through 10" bahia grass like butter without bogging down at all. That would have stopped my JD Home Depot tractor cold.

My dealer in Central Florida (Orange City Equipment) was awesome and more than helpful. He convinced me that this Fastrak was going to knock my socks off. He was right! This thing is a BLAST! Took some getting used to the steering though (My first ztr). My wife almost ran me over with the thing, I came close to mulching the dog (twice), ran over a couple a small plants and can't wait to see what's going to happen next weekend!

Anyway, the wife won't drive it anymore and the dog runs and hides when I crank it up. Looking forward to the next ride!! GROW GRASS, GROW!! :p

FOURTEEN LawnSite Member

"Took some getting used to the steering though (My first ztr). "

I also was initially intimidated by the dual stick steering! I soon realized, however, that it is actually very much like riding a bike, motorcycle, or ATV. Just pretend that the dual sticks are just one continuous handlebar, and to turn left the left side is pulled back slightly while the right is pushed forward slightly, and conversely to turn right. Just like with handlebars! The trick to making smooth turns is to not let the inside wheel stop or reverse during the turn. For accurate trimming, set a medium speed with the left stick, and then concentrate on using the right stick to carefully steer along an edge.:cool2:
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the family!
    Sounds like your having a great experience with your new mower....lol...lol...
    Be safe.

4. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

If you can push a shopping cart, you can drive a ZTR