New FasTrak 20/52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RSkinner, Jul 24, 2006.

1. RSkinner

RSkinner LawnSite Member

Just bought my FT today. Nice ZTR, appears to be well built.

I'm not a tall person (5'6") but I have a rather round belly (195#). With the seat being all the way back from the appearance of it, and both control handles all the way forward, I still feel crowded. I can only pull the control levers about half way back and they are in my lap most of the time. My wife at 120# feels a little crowded as well.

I did not remove all the bolts in the seat, but the rear bolts have no more slot left, while the front bolts are only about half way down the slots. Is there another set of threaded holes in the seat available that I can't see?

I thought I'd ask before removing the seat and not finding any additional holes.

Next, How well does the mulching kit work for the 52" FT mowing ST. Augustine year round? I like the way it cuts now but I don't like the grass in my face and I really don't like all the extra clippings.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the family !!!
    Thank you for buying a Hustler !!
    There are no more holes, the slots are for 2 different seats, a old one and the new one you have, that is why there is 2 sets of slots.
    You can adjust your control arms up and out with a couple wrenches, if thats not enough then you can install a extension kit, here is the info, Steering Lever Extension Kit, FasTrak part # 333724 MSRP $42.00
    As far as the mulch kit, it works excellent, but you have to make sure your not taking more than 1/3 of the total grass height off and also make sure it is as dry as can be, these are always factors when mulching successfully.

Pj