New FasTrak Owner

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cranesrule, May 30, 2006.

1. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking in the Hustler threads for quite some time, soaking up all the info I can and have decided to buy an '06 FasTrak 20/52 Honda. I looked at and demoed BadBoy ZT and Cub Cadet RZT, and liked the Hustler much better due to the heavier build, solid feel, and overall workmanship. I am buying from ProMotors in Russellville, AR. $4750 including Spring Kit and Hour Meter. They have been great to deal with so far, they seem to be really great folks. I am picking it up in the morning. Anyway, here's my question:
    My only concern about the Hustler is the hydros, they seem to be the same ones used in some less expensive models in competitors lines. I will be mowing about 2 acres with only shallow slope. Do I have a reason to be concerned? Also, how do these hydros compare to the ones used in the BadBoy ZT? The BadBoys have spin on filter, but I'm not sure if that's a Hydrogear feature or a BadBoy feature. I haven't sen much about those mowers on this site, I would be very interested to hear what PJ thinks as well as any others. www.badboymowers.com

Thanks

2. Diamondjim

Diamondjim LawnSite Member

I can't answer all your questions but I couldn't be happier with my 18/44 Fastrack. I understand that the hydros in these are somewhat better than most residential mowers and with a 4 year warranty I am not worried. Sounds like you got a good deal as I gave $4600 for mine last September in Texarkana. I think you will be pleased. JB

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hydros in the FasTrak are not the same as "most" units on the market.
    We used the IZT's, but with a charge pump in them, this is the same charge pump found in commercial series "10" BDP pumps.
    You will love the mower!
    I cant comment on the Bad Boy mowers, I really know nothing about them, sorry.

Pj

4. Re-Ignition

Re-Ignition LawnSite Member

My FasTrak 18/44 Hondaa is smooth and reliable.

As far as slopes go... On my slope in the rear yard I cut up, down, sideways, make x-patterns cutting on a slant. I doesn't matter.

The low center of gravity keeps the Hustler planted better than those narrow mowers with Huge 24" tires (look good though) were the operator is sitting up high like on a bar stool. If I sat that high I'd want a ROPS system too.