New Fastrak Owner!!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Winsurfer76, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Winsurfer76

Winsurfer76 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 20/52 Fastrak last Friday to mow my 4 acres. I was surprised by the quality of cut and power that the Fastrak has. Upgrading from a Murray (don't laugh) never felt so good!!:) I also purchased the hour meter and seat spring kit (did some research on the Internet before purchasing the mower) and it really makes for the smooth ride.

I also have a few questions::confused:
    1. Does anyone offer a canopy to put on the Fastrak? Most of my mowing is out in the open and it would be nice to have a little shade.

2. How hard is it to change the mower blades on the Fastrak? Any tips for a Hustler noobie? Also, I've read about regular blades, hi lift blades and gator blades. What should I be mowing with?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not familiar with a canopy for the FasTrak, I have yet to see one, I will do a little research tomorrow and see what I can find out for you.
    Blade changes are rather simple, use a floor jack and jack the unit up for easy blade access, then with air or hand tools remove blades for sharpening.
    The blade style is going to depend on your grass conditions, I would use the std's in average growth conditions.

Pj

3. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

I'm working with a company now to design a canopy for a fastrack and all the hustler mowers because I have had several request of them. I should get the prototype today or tommorrow. I'll let you know how it looks.

4. Winsurfer76

Thanks PJ!
    If a canopy is not available. How about an umbrella? If not, I guess I'll just have to get a big straw hat.

5. Winsurfer76

That sounds good cgotro. You know how that Louisiana heat is!! :)

6. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I run the gator blades and am very pleased w/them. They seem to do a better job of mulching than the stock blades do. As for changing blades jack up the front until the back bumper wheels are almost touching the ground then use air tools to take the bolts off.

Congrats on the new mower.